Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is the mineral type of makeup good for aging skin?

I am 68 and am looking for a better coverage for a foundation and have heard a lot about the bare minerals type of powder and wondered if I could get any feedback on it as well as where to buy?Is the mineral type of makeup good for aging skin?
I have been using an off-brand mineral makeup (';Jane';, at CVS) and I love it. I'm 45 and my skin has few wrinkles.





The coverage is fairly light - it's the brushes that really help you get more coverage. The denser brush you get, the more coverage you can get. YOu need to watch the application videos on the documercial or Bare Escentuals website.





But - if your skin is dry, you have to be able to plump it up with moisturizer. Liquid foundation tends to give a softer, more glowing finish. If I want more coverage and a softer look, I will put liquid on first, then go over with mineral. I do this because around my eyes the fine wrinkles show less that way.





You can buy Bare Escentuals online or at Ulta. Other places like Sephora are starting to carry it. But you don't have to start with the most expensive thing to just try it out. I like how the Jane works that I get from CVS - I got a good dense application brush to use with it - I open the container to get to the loose powder rather than use the applicator that comes with it.





In my view, it is really best for younger, smoother skin that only has uneven color issues - no wrinkles or scarring.Is the mineral type of makeup good for aging skin?
No, no no. I'm 20, have no wrinkles, and mineral makeup ages me about 10 years. It settles into the fine creases i get from smiling and talking, and acentuates it. Also, mineral makeup tends to have as bit of a sheen to it. Its not shimmery, but there is a bit of a glow to it, which really brings out wrinkles and imperfections as well. It;s very heavy and cakey and unnatural looking, too. I'd steer clear, if I were you.
  • norton 360
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Fish