Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How to get the natural ';no makeup'; look for my skin and eyes?

I really like the ';no makeup'; look (even though they're definitely wearing makeup haha), especially for eyes, but how do I do it for me? I have brown/sometimes hazel eyes and fair skin. Someone told me they use grey eyeliner, but this person was blonde with blue eyes so would that work? What eyeliner and eyeshadow colors should I use, and for a blush what shades to go for? Thanks to honest answers!How to get the natural ';no makeup'; look for my skin and eyes?
The ';no makeup'; look really is great, but people have different standards of what ';no makeup'; is. I'm writing these steps based on a picture at Sephora described as the ';no makeup'; look.





1. Start by applying a moisturizing concealer to blemishes, dark spots, and undereye circles.





2. Next apply a light peachy-pink matte blush to the apples of your cheeks. (Peach is universally flattering)





3. Using a pencil liner, line the top of your eye as close to the lashes as possible. (Be sure to draw a verrryyy thin line and to smudge it slightly to make it more natural. Make sure the pencil is long-wearing, but it can be any shade ranging from gray to brown to black)





4. Apply one coat of a very natural mascara on only your top lashes.





5. Swipe lips with a clear lip balm or gloss.





6. If you have oily skin, finish by dusting your face with a clear/translucent finishing powder.





This look is made to bring out your natural beauty, not create it! No one needs shimmer, eyeshadow, or a full face of foundation to look naturally flawless. This look also takes hardly any time to complete! Just remember it is key to have good skin and well arched brows for this look to really be good, so invest in good skin care and eyebrow waxings at a high-quality salon. (Note: eyebrows should look groomed, not creepily perfect. It's okay to let them become a little bushy; that's the look right now! Just make sure they're not all over the place)How to get the natural ';no makeup'; look for my skin and eyes?
The best way to achieve that ';natural'; %26amp; ';no makeup'; look is to only apply eyeliner (for this I would suggest using black or brown) on the top of your eyelids. Not only will this make you look fresh and awake but it is very natural. Also, you can curl your lashes and either apply clear mascara or a black mascara. As for the eye shadow, keep it neutral. Use beige or light brown and overall subtle colors. For blush, use a pretty light pink and apply it to your cheek bones, jaw line, top of your nose, and top of your forehead for an overall natural glow. Don't forget to use your everyday face makeup such as concealer and foundation first to make sure your face looks FLAWLESS =] If you want to see natural makeup in action and get really good instructions you should definitely go on youtube. Search ';ricebunny';. Her name is Michelle Phan and she's really good at portraying ';no makeup'; looks and they always look great. You'll find that a lot of the tips I just gave you really came from what I learned from her! Good luck !!
Im a bit tan with brown eyes. When I want to look natural-no makeup look I just apply tinted moisturizer or my all over powder- concealer under my eyes so it gives a fresh look and I color in my eyebrows (cause I like how it looks but you dont have to if your eye brows are thick- mine are not!) and then lightly put on mascara and a bit of blush! I get comments on how flawless my face looks and I tell them its makeup but they think I hardly wear any! Here are the brands I use %26amp; LOVE!





Benefit-tinted moistureizer


Benefit-eyebrow kit


Make Up Forever-All over powder


NARS-Blush


MAC and Make Up Forever-Concealer


Lash InJection-Mascara
I have blue eyes and fair skin, but dark brown hair, and I use a brown liner. A very thin line of a brown liner underneath your bottom lashes, none on your top lid. Use a neutral color eye shadow, or none at all, and a light application of mascara. As far as foundation goes, it really helps in making your skin look great. Find a foundation that matches your skin tone, and apply it to your entire face. Make sure you don't leave a line around your jaw line. I usually use a translucent powder on my face after that. Personally, I apply a small amount of a neutral color blush to my cheek bones, as well as right under my eyes, because I am fair skinned. Hope this helps, but remember, it's about what looks best on you and makes you feel good about yourself! Good Luck!
Face:


- concealer (wherever needed)


- tinted moisterizer (light coverage, easy to apply)


OR


- mineral foundation (buildable coverage, natural finish)





Cheeks:


- light pink blush (for your fair skin tone)


- light bronzer (along your jawline and temples for natural shading)





Eyes:


- champagne eye shadow (all over lid-color)


- light taupe/brown (crease color)


- dark brown eyeliner (apply thinly along upper lashline)


- dark brown mascara (make sure you curl before application)





Lips:


- chapstick


- sheer toned gloss
Natural Look:





-brownish eyeshadow that gets lighter as you go up your eye


-brown eyliner


-little glitter (not too much)


-really light ping blush


-pink lipstick, but then kind of blot it out a little w/ pink lipstick





This is a Halle Berry look!
brown eyeshadows. and yes earthy tones would be good. very pale blush


and perhaps concealer/foundation and vaseline on ur lips

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish