Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How can I wear makeup on dry flaky skin?

I am currently using Differin cream for my acne but it has made my skin dry and flaky.





Most days I don't wear makeup but next week I have a ball so I would like to. Problem is that when I put foundation or concealer over the dry bits, the makeup sticks to the dry skin and looks really obvious and awful. Any thoughts to how I can cover up without looking like I have a face full of caked-on makeup?How can I wear makeup on dry flaky skin?
The Differin cream might have Benzoyl in it. Check to see if that is one of it's ingredients. Using to much of Benzoyl on acne will cause your skin to peel and flake. Try using Proactive. But to answer your question, before applying your makeup you need to use an exfoliator such as Biore' which you can purchase at Wal Mart, or Clinique which you can find at Penney's or Dillard's, etc. Use the exfoliator which will clean your pores and remove the dead flaky skin. After that, put on a good moisturizer, a little more than you would usually. Let that sit for a while then apply your makeup. Make sure that you use powder foundation and not liquid. The liquid will cause a lot of build up and make you look more caked-on. Good Luck Hon and have a great time at your ball.How can I wear makeup on dry flaky skin?
First you need to start exfoliating to get rid of all that dead skin. St. Ive's Apricot scrub is great. Also, a lot of acne medication tends to dry out the skin...as expected b/c it dries out pimples. Apply a light moisturizer DAILY to help with the dryness. If you're experiencing a lot of dry skin, tone down the amount of medication. Remember, apply a moisturizer before applying foundation or powder.
put lotion on first and then use a light moisterizer based foundation..dont use power or it will cake,you could use a shimmer power instead it wont cake
Buy a tinted moisturizer. It makes your face look smooth and also makes it look like you're wearing foundation because it's tinted. It's the best product ever. I got mine from Sephora, it was $18 but worth it.
Go to beeroyalproducts.com their medicated acne treatment is amazing and it has special moisturizers as well, but what I would recommend is the hydrating cream concentrate for the face and the liquid mineral powder foundation you will never have a cakey problem or flaking ever again. This company I stumbled upon and thank GOD it was a great day I have been using their skincare and cosmetics for 6 months now and simply amazed and all the compliments I get from people on how beautiful my skin looks try it out they are truly the best of the best
Okay...I have acne too and I know what you mean with the make up and dry skin. One thing you can do is take an old soft bristle toothbrush and put moisturize on it and move it in circles on the dry spots. DON'T DO IT TOO HARD! It may be a little red but if you're putting make up on over it it shouldn't be bad. Or you can do this an hour or two before you put on your make up. You may also want to try this a few days in advance to see how it works.





Hope this helps





:]
I would exfoliate to get rid of the dry skin two to three days before and then in the morning of the ball, then before putting on your foundation, use moisturiser, wait for about ten minutes, use a pre-makeup cream, wait another ten minutes then put foundation on. The exfoliation will help to get rid of the flakes, and the moisturiser will help keep your skin soft.
Don't!





If you have dry and flaky skin, putting soffocating makeup on like foundation and concealer can just make it worse. You need to rehydrate you're skin by using a moisturiser, both day and night so it can moisten repair you're skin
always moisturise first and use a liquid or compact liquid foundation, never a powder!!!
Microdermabrasion from Mary Kay three days before your event then the morning of your event use that along with the Time Wise Miracle Set and you will be amazed at the difference. Of course you should consult your physician before starting any new facial cleansing program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish