Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is mineral makeup good for your skin are there any benefits to mineral makeup?

I was wondering if it more benificial and healthier for the skin.Is mineral makeup good for your skin are there any benefits to mineral makeup?
No ... contrary to what you read above. It does contain natural ingredients, but if you check out a regular powder foundation, they have mostly the same ingredients. The sunscreen in mineral makeup is titanium dioxide, which is what they use in most foundations (liquids or powders). I react to some mineral makeups, as do a lot of people. They cannot shrink your pores, your pore size is hereditary and you can enlarge them (by allowing the to become clogged) but you cannot shrink them unless you have a dermatologist stitch them up. Most foundations are on the market (especially the oil free ones) are non comedegenic meaning they don't clog pores.





Mineral makeup is not good for people with dry skin - it can make it itchy and highlight fine lines, or very oily as it slides right off. It can be harder to find good shades if you have darker skin.





Now does that mean mineral makeup is bad? Absolutely not, it is a great option for many people and it creates a great finish. It's just a makeup product, nothing miraculous. Try it out and see if you like it. I have just discovered the avon mineral blush and I am loving that, it gives such a pretty color to cheeks. But remember, it is still makeup, so wash it off every night.Is mineral makeup good for your skin are there any benefits to mineral makeup?
Duh. Of course it is. It's derived from all natural ingredients. Your body needs vitamins and minerals to thrive. Obviously, something called ';mineral makeup'; would be beneficial and healthy for the skin. Use your brain! :p
I've been using Bare Escentuals for 4 years now and I love it! My skin is clearer and feels healthier. My pores appear smaller because BE doesn't clog them like liquid does. I have combo skin so mineral makeup is perfect for me. I agree that it's not best for super oily or super dry complexions. I started out using BE through QVC, but am lucky enough to have a Sephora close by so I now go there for all my BE. I would not go back to liquid foundation...yuck! I like mineral makeup also because it so much more natural looking than liquid foundation and is perfect for daily use.
It is good for your skin as long as it is an all natural mineral makeup. Some say they are natural, and then you look at the ingredients and find out differently. Other mineral brands contain bismuth oxychloride which is a skin irritant. I use an all natural pure mineral makeup; kms mineral essentials.





Mineral makeup is better for your skin because it has a natural spf factor, does not clog your pores, and contains zinc oxide which is a healing ingredient that calms the skin. I have been wearing it for over 5 years and would not go back to conventional makeup. It covers very well, takes me through the day and then some, and give me an airbrushed finish.





You can find kms on the web and on ebay.


I hope this helps.
It doesn't clog your pores like regular makeup, has built-in SPF, and can help reduce oilyness and blemishes. However, some brand of mineral makeup contain bismuth oxychloride, which some people are allergic to. If you're allergic to it, it'll cause breakouts and rashes. I'm not allergic, so it works great for me.
it doesn't clog your pores, it has natural SPF, no chemicals at all so it won't cause allergic reactions... I use bare minerals and it has actually improved my skin! my pores are smaller and my skin is clearer although I didn't have really bad skin to begin with but all of that in like 3 months of using it...! I definitely recommend it
  • norton 360
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Fish