Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is bare essentials mineral makeup OK for skin with acne?

I need a makeup that will hide my acne (i'm not excpectin all of it to be hidden) but is ok for my skin and won't break me out. I've heard good things about bare essentials and i was wondering if it really is as good as people say?And will it be ok for my skin?Is bare essentials mineral makeup OK for skin with acne?
honestly, it gave me one of the two worst breakouts of my life. it's because of the Bismuth Oxychloride in it, which a lot of people are sensitive / allergic to.





i've been a regular member on an acne site for a while now, and a ton of the girls there (i'd say at least 75% of them) had the exact same problem. also, from talking on that site, i learned that there are a lot of alternate brands of mineral makeup, which don't contain Bismuth Oxychloride (and which are cheaper, too!). you can read sooo much about about it here, and you can also post your own topics %26amp; ask questions: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.p鈥?/a>





(one of the favorites of the girls on acne.org is www.aubreynicole.com . some of them like www.everydayminerals.com as well. i've tried both, and prefer the product %26amp; customer service at aubrey nicole.)





(you do have to sign up to post questions, but it's free and quick. they won't send you spam or anything, and they're not selling products -- it's just a great site for talking about acne + everything related to it, including makeup.)





PS - what the answerer wrote above me: ';imitations are cheap for a reason'; - is actually incorrect. there are quite a few good mineral makeup brands on the market. Bare Minerals simply has a lot of hype and is well known. it's no better than others, and could actually be considered worse, given the Bismuth Oxychloride and the reactions that ingredient causes. Paula Begoun wrote an article about mineral makeup on her site, http://www.cosmeticscop.com/default.asp . you'll probably find it very helpful (it's at the bottom left of that page.)Is bare essentials mineral makeup OK for skin with acne?
I have acne and i use the bare essentuals.. it works great!


it gives me good coverage for all my pimples %26amp; red bumps..


bare essentuals is great because its all natrual; no artificial ingrediants that clog pores or cause breakouts.





if you order it, then i reccomend also getting the 'bisque', its a great concealer for extra coverage.





hope this helps! :]
i used bare essentials for a very long time when i had acne, but when my acne got worse i found i had to use liquid to cover it better. but it will definately not do anything to your skin, its just the question of how well it will cover. and how much acne you have.
i recommend bare minerals by bare escentuals. i've been using it for 5 years now, and my skin never looked better, i totally love it. it doesn't clog pores, it's natural, covers well, and doesn't melt off in the heat.it works for all skin types, it is actually good for the skin.
Its possible the healthiest for your skin ,


makeup on the market
I just answered another question very similar to this one. I use mineral foundation on almost all of my clients and especially on those with acne prone skin, I will only use mineral powder foundation. I have not had anyone break out from the mineral powder foundation, in fact quite the contrary. My clients say that their skin actually looks and feels better and more refined. This is a great choice for acne prone skin.





Very important to note, there are many mineral powder foundations on the market today and new ones popping up daily. Choose one with a good reputation and that is natural without fillers, mineral oil, petrolatum or preservatives. These ingredients can break you out. I use either Bare Minerals or Arbonne's Mineral Powder Foundation on all of my clients. These products last for a long time and are well worth the money. Imitations are cheap for a reason!





Hope this helps!!


Good luck! :)
There are many posts on here that talk about bare essentials and how it has caused more break outs and clogged pores, I tried it and was very unhappy with how it made me look and I began to notice clogging pores as well. If you need a foundation in good conscious I can highly recommend Bee Luscious Cosmetics they have an incredible skincare line of products that are healthy and good for your skin while delivering beautiful skin, looks and feel .. good Luck
Yes, my aunt uses it %26amp; she has always had bad acne. so im pretty sure it'll be ok for u

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish